I am not contesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeedHelp

I am a beneficiary, as are my siblings and the deceased's step-daughter who is also the executor. She and the probate lawyer have legitimately left out all of the deceased's personal belongings and household items out of the inventory accounting. Mind you this probate has been open for three years. (Yes, I have contacted the courts.)
The executor/beneficiary has told me, as has the probate lawyer, that the entire estate was only 45,000 but the that was the house appraisal. And anything inventory wise is left blank on the paper. Let me also explain that the family member that was deceased did not pass away with an empty house. He lived alone with lots of things in his house. She never allowed us over to talk about the items in the house or even get a pick and choose kinda thing. We didn't talk about lawn care or garbage pick up for trash removal either and now I have phantom charges coming from the executor stating that if I pay her whatever sum amount of money, she'll give me the house. But she knows I'm not well off and little does she also know that I don't want the house. My family member's will is not being executed the way it was supposed to.
I have to pay for the memorial out of my half of the estate and I wasn't even invited to it. We didn't know he died until two weeks after, and we had a family friend message us on Facebook saying sorry for our loss.

I'm not looking for answers, I'm waiting on my answers from probate. I need advice, actually. The fact that she has concealed the rest of the assets within the home from the courts and the beneficiaries is beyond me. Isn't this illegal?

Since no one else has replied; this is an Irish site & it's not likely there'll be many here with knowledge of US based probate laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back