Hunterswood, Ballycullen

T

trayloua

Hi

I am moving to Ballycullen at the end of this month and was looking for some information as I am not originally form the area:

What is the 49 bus service like?
What is Hunterswood like in general?
Is there a gym nearby (Curves or normal Gym)?
How long do the buses take to town?

Any information at all would be great!

Thanks a million

trayloua x

I have lived there 3 years- love it. Really nicely landscaped near the M50 7 miles to centre of town.
Bad points is traffic in the morning if driving in a car, 49 bus better then 15 service, during peak it is slow over an hour to town. Off peak about 40 mins - don't get it too often to be honest as travel to work on scooter. Nitelink 15n also goes to Main Roundabout at night which is handy.

Overall Hunterswood is a nice area. i have a number of friends living there and none have had any major problems.
The 49 bus is ok, but in my opinion for an area of this size the bus service should be better. There arent enough routes and they are not frequent enough.
As far as I know there is a curves in the Woodstown shopping centre which is right beside Hunterswood.. There are plans for a similar shopping centre in Beechdale (development next tio Hunterswood) which include a pub , but building hasnt started on it yet. Scholars Pub in ballycullen would be the closest. About 10/ 15 mins walk
Will you be working in the city centre?

It really depends what you're looking for. I really didn't like living in Hunterswood, as it's so far away from the city centre. The 49 bus service was not good in 2004, when I lived there. It easily took an hour to get to town and it only came every 20-30 mins at rush hour and every hour at weekends, which is ridiculous. It takes forever even to get from Woodstown centre to the Ballycullen roundabout in the mornings on the bus, which is only two mins walk. In my opinion, it's located in the middle of nowhere, not really in the countryside, but not close to any city centre amenities either.

Hi ,
I am looking for properties to buy Hunterswood area. We are currently looking for a 3bed terrace house. Just wanted a bit of info - what you think is a decent price considering the market is picking up.
I had look at the area myself by going there , generally the feel is pretty nice. I am a bit concerned about the 2 sites near it - Daletree and Stocking lane. Wanted to know are the troubles of burgularies, break ins, theft still happening \more or less in the area.
Any other view which you might have ?
really appreciate the thoughts as buying a house is a big decision ..
thanks

Novice, lived there 13 years love it, 3 bed terrace I am guessing would be around €300-320k mark could be off, they did get up to €470k at peak. Never see anything from Stocking lane, occasionally see the kids from that site but not that often. Like any other estate there are the occasional break ins but personally not had any issues nor have any of my neighbours. Buses have improved a lot with 15 and 15b- 2 mins to M50 outside of peak. Estate is maturing nicely with lots of kids around and close to mountains as well.

Back