Huge Gas Bill Increase from Airtricity

Sophrosyne

In 2022, my total annual gas bill was €1,388 or €988 after the Government subsidy.

I am a low user of both gas and electricity. I use Airtricity for gas only.

My latest bi-monthly gas bill from Airtricity is €615.73.

Can that be right?

Has there been the same price hike for other gas providers?

I have been trying, without success, to get through to Airtricity by phone and webchat for the past 2 days.

Is it an estimate. Did you compare units used this year to last years bill? My own bill took a jump but not by that much. I am with flogas.

The government subsidies were against electricity not gas.. are both readings correct or either estimated on the bill?

My latest bi-monthly gas bill from Airtricity is €615.73.

Can that be right?

My recent bi monthly gas bill was €870, electric was €350, so around €150 weekly for gas and electric at this high usage time of year.

Poorly insulated 1950's 4 bed semi, modern 3 zone heating system with thermostats etc, some family working from home.

Gas worked out at €3.50/ hour in Nov+Dec for our B rated house - so depends on how long you had it on. Add up the number of days in your bill and make a stab at the hours/day.

The government subsidies were against electricity not gas.. are both readings correct or either estimated on the bill?
Yes, you are right and so the total bill for 2022 was €988.

If anything, I used less gas as I was away over the Christmas period.

It is an estimate - I am about to send a reading. But it is a very high estimate. My February bill in 2022 was €132.

Were you on a discounted rate previously? For example, last year I had a 40% discount on electricity. If I hadn't got a (sadly lesser) discount when that was about to run out, I suspect that in conjunction with the rate rises over the past year my bill would have been twice the amount of the previous year, if not more.

Our bill Feb 2022 was 170, Feb 2023 is 335 and that's with discounted rate. Both actual readings with EI.
Kw usage very similar range, few units higher this year.

Back