how to view a will?

D

dash08

A friend would like to know if it is possible to view the will of a deceased relative who died 6 years ago? And if so how they go about it?

If the estate required a Grant of Probate the Will will be attached to the Grant. These Grants are available to the public from the Probate office.

If the will is not in the Probate Office you will have to source it in the Archives Office, Bishop St. Dublin 2 behind Aungier St. DIT The staff are very helpful and you can make your enquiry on line initially

If the will is not in the Probate Office you will have to source it in the Archives Office, Bishop St. Dublin 2 behind Aungier St. DIT The staff are very helpful and you can make your enquiry on line initially

does this mean any will made with a solicitor would be filed here. i never saw my fathers will. I presume my mother was the sole beneficiary. tbh, nothing much to leave other than the family home and small savings but i would still like to see it. Solicitor is a family friend and I wouldn't ask my mother

"does this mean any will made with a solicitor would be filed here. i never saw my fathers will. I presume my mother was the sole beneficiary. tbh, nothing much to leave other than the family home and small savings but i would still like to see it. Solicitor is a family friend and I wouldn't ask my mother"

Not all wills go to Probate. If the will did go to Probate, you would be able to source it, as above.

Why, if you would like to see your fathers will, don't you just ask your mother?

mf

Back