How To Tell Which Panasonic Plasma Is Suitable For Ireland?

NOAH

I am thinking of getting a 46" panasonic plasma so I looked on thier website, which is the uk one as well, saw 2 I liked, printed them off, went to local shop in clare and was told these are not suitable and was not told the equivalent?

How do I tell which is suitable for Ireland and is there any good site that will show the proper plasma?? Totally confused.

I thought we got the european version so I looked at komplett but apparently these are uk!!

noah

... went to local shop in clare and was told these are not suitable and was not told the equivalent?

How do I tell which is suitable for Ireland and is there any good site that will show the proper plasma?? Totally confused.

I thought we got the european version so I looked at komplett but apparently these are uk!!

noah

Why did the shop in Clare say they were not suitable?

What is your set up? Do you have cable (UPC), Satellite or aeriel?

UK tv's don't have a VHF tuner as standard which is needed to recieve some Irish terrestial channels via an aeriel and is also needed if you have analog cable. Also, most (I think) UK Panasonic plasmas have a built in DVB tuner for picking up digital channels but the Irish tv's don't.

Have a look through the HE Display forum on boards for more info

I think its to do with the frequency the stations are tuned in. The UK televisions use UHF. If you tune in your television stations using UHF you are fine. I live in Cavan and we receive our stations on UHF.
If you shopped in the North you can save abit. I am looking at a panasonic LCD 32". In South €1300 across border about £600

From here : [broken link removed] I think the PZ models have UK tuners and PY models have Irish tuners, as the site says you can use a PZ model if you have cable or satelite providing the tuned channel.

A friend bought a Panasonic recently. It didnt have the correct tuner in it and wasn't picking up some of the CORUS channels. It was a Uk model that he bought. The supplier (Watters Electrical) swapped the unit for the same model with the correct tuner in it.
Watters Electrical is based in the north, so they can get the UK models with the correct tuner to suit our market.

Paul 24

(no connection - long time satisfied customer)

Thanks all, great replies and a great link as I go to Dublin in a few weeks. I know what I want but the site I visit is UK, so say I like the 46PZ80 and 46PZ85. I know these are UK versions so I went to komplett.ie and clciked on what I thought were the European or Irish versions, printed them off and hot fotted to said shop. Its a small shop and no irish catalogue available. I know about the tuners in uk only uhf but here as in europe we have BOTH. I watch SKY, terrestial and other foreign sats with motorised dish.

I'd say the link by rgfuller will do the trick.

noah

Back