How to structure a syndicate

MACTHEKNIFE

I am setting up a syndicate of 10-12 people to buy some property. Have some questions which hopefully some people on AAM might be able to give assistance with...

- Is there an advantge is buying through a partnership rather than a limited company
- would anyone know where I could get a list of clauses that need to be agreed to by everyone in the syndicate (exit clauses, tax liabilities etc.)
- if some people are happy to invest say 50k and others say 100k and the shareholding would be structured on a pro rated basis - is there any problem with that?

Any advice would be appreciated.
MAC

No disrespect intended, but you and your colleagues would be crazy to consider going down this road without paid, expert advice on the legal & structural issues involved. Some of the AAM experts may well be able to provide some pointers, but this is one case where the usual disclaimer of 'AAM is not a substitute for professional advice' is very relevant.

RainyDay said:
No disrespect intended, but you and your colleagues would be crazy to consider going down this road without paid, expert advice on the legal & structural issues involved. Some of the AAM experts may well be able to provide some pointers, but this is one case where the usual disclaimer of 'AAM is not a substitute for professional advice' is very relevant.

It is our intention to progress through normal professional services however before we start meeting with legal / tax / property management people we want to ensure we have looked at potential issues so that individuals can decide if they do not want to proceed.

I know in the past people in the AAM community (myself included) have posted guidelines an example being what to include in a rental contract / French leasebacks etc. and I was hoping that people who had participated maybe in a syndicate could post some suggestions as to advice or pitfalls.

I'm still hoping that might be the case.

MAC

Back