How to Remove Graffiti (exterior garden wall)

ajapale

What is the best way to deal with spray paint [size=-1]graffiti from a plain concrete block garden wall?

Thanks
ajapale
[/size]

I need this info as well as some little ..... used a spray paint to leave his name (how smart that was!:rolleyes: ) on a similar type (plastered) wall beside me.

Last edited:
You could try a pressure washer I used my own to take weathersheild paint off of my garden wall previous owner decided to paint the tops of the wall white so I tried the pressure washer an lo and behold it did the trick fantastic job.
If that does not suit you then try HomeBase they have a range of paint strippers for removing this kind of thing.

Friggin vandals

Good Luck ;)

Two options

Spray on graffiti remover,( its celulose thinners) from woodies or a such, spray on in small areas, the wire brush it.( bad for skin and hightly inflamable)

Option two
if the graffiti is oil/spray based, use panit stripper, wire brush then powerwash the whole lot.

If emulsion or water based, hot powerwash with wire brush.

its never easy

Hi Ajapale

Would you consider whitewashing the entire wall, might be easier than trying to remove the nasty bits and may look better.

QP

I have the same problem, can anyone who tries the suggestions above, with the exception of the whitewashing, and successfully removes the paint post back and let us know how?

I used spray can of graffiti remover - very successful. Got it in Atlantic Homecare. instructions on how to use on the can.

thanks everyone for the great replies! Ill let you know how I get on in a few weeks time.

Thanks from me too. Will report back on how I get on too. Now if only the rain (in Dublin) would stop for the weekend and I might get to try out the remedies.

"Now if only the rain (in Dublin) would stop for the weekend and I might get to try out the remedies""

Hansov,

At least one positive aspect of this heavy rain is that it will hopefully keep the

"little ..... who used a spray paint to leave his name"

off the streets and hence no graiffiti!

Queenspawn said:
Hi Ajapale

Would you consider whitewashing the entire wall, might be easier than trying to remove the nasty bits and may look better.

QP
Wouldn't this leave the 'artists' with a lovely blank canvas to start work on again?

Back