How to Purchase ETFs

Happy Girl

I have gone onto several stockbroker's webpages but cannot find a specific section for purchasing EFTs. Do they go by another name?

Re: How to Purchase EFTs

Would anyone have the dividend yield for the ISEQ20EFT please.

Re: How to Purchase EFTs

The first 2 links take taken from the best buys section might be of help. Here is a list of places you could check out for buying ETF's

The Cheapest Irish Stockbroker

The cheapest non-Irish stockbroker

Some non-irish brokers mentioned include:
http://www.interactivebrokers.com
Keytrade.com
www.TDAmeritrade.com

I am currently looking into this also and have alot of Qs like:
- tax issues, expecially for the nonirish brokers
- cost of transfering money to the non-irish ones

Alot more to do...

Hi,

I think you can buy them with AIB online under the name ISEQ 20 ETF

Hi,

I have an online account with davys and you can buy any of the EFTs from Oil to Orange Juice with them. You have to ring the dealing desk to make the trade but they charge the same commission as your online account.
Also a side note, there is no stamp duty on them which gives more scope for profit.
They also have the ISEQ 20- I do not believe that this is an EFT however, it is simply a share.

The Exchange launched the first market in Exchange Traded Funds (‘ETFs’) in Ireland on 22 April 2005. The first fund to trade on this market is the ISEQ®20 ETF plc, an ETF that tracks 20 leading Irish quoted companies.

it is an ETF according to the Irish Stock Exchange site!

Killeoin

I'd appreciate if you could answer some of my Q's on trading as this is something I am considering.

How much do davies charge per trade for buying?
How much do davies charge per trade for selling?
Okay, with ETF's there is no stamp duty, which is a good thing, but what stamp duties have you come accross. I understand that Ireland is 1%, UK 0.5%, not sure about other ones though. Can you share your experiences?
How much does it cost to hold the shares? Do you use share certificates or a crest/nominee account?

I know I have alot of Qs but if anyone could answer them or share their experiences. I am currently thinking of opening a keytrade.com account. It looks good at first glance, fees wise and you can have different currency accounts which might be a good thing.

Hi hattrick_12a,
You will find most of the answers for your questions if you follow the link below and the subsquent links from it:

It costs the same to buy them, .05% for frequent traders, .075% for others.

jpd - While it does state ETF after its name it has all the characteristics of a share, then I suppose they all do so point taken.

Back