How to get to Glasgow and back in 1 day

O

onekeano

Was hoping to take young Roy over to a Celtic game in March of April - problem is that while there are early morning flights to Glasgow, there seems to be nothing coming back in the evening. Just wondering if I am overlooking anything obvious here - checked Ryanair / Air Lingus.

Any advice appreciated
Roy

Onekeano, AFAIK a bus leaves Drogheda each morning of a home game around 5.30 - 6.00 travels to Larne then to Stranraer to Glasgow then back after the game . It could be worth a try. If you want I will try and get a contact number 4u.

Bus from Drogheda!

Leatherarse, if you could get a number for me that would be brilliant.

Many thanks
Roy

Re: Bus from Drogheda!

Roy, leave that with me and as the saying goes watch this space. It may take a couple of days to get it.

Onekeano, sorry for the delay but at last I have a number for you to ring . It is the St Margaret's Celtic Supporters Club in Duleek, Co Meath. Phone Adrian At 041-9880276, he may even get tickets for you. Let me know how you get on.

Brilliant LA - I'll give Adrian a call at teh weekend.

Thanks for going to the trouble - much appreciated.

Roy

Adrian.......

Hi LA,

Did call a couple of time but no luck so far... will keep trying though.

Thanks

Re: Adrian.......

OK , perhaps you can leave a message .

LA - did leave 2 messages but will try again this afternoon.

Thanks
Roy

Leatherarse,

Adrian called me last evening. He has booked myself and young Roy in for the Aberdeen game in April. Thanks a million for your help with this, I really appreciate it.

Roy

Onekeano, there is a small carpark at the bus-depot in Drogheda, (as you drive in to the depot it's on your lhs) I think that is where the coach goes from. If so there is a sign saying your car may be clamped ..ignore that. If this is not open at that early hour, there is also a new longstay carpark exactly beside the depot. By the time you are going it could be pay and display, I will keep you posted. It will only cost €2 per day.

L.A.

Brialliant, thanks Leatherarse for all the help on this one. The way things are in the SPL at the moment every game could be crucial so fingers crossed.

Roy

PS. I Paddy Mc good value @ 15/8? Might get the expenses for the trip out of this?

Onekeano, Dom Hannigan in Meath ( my man ) @ 12/1 could be a good bet.

L.A.

P.S. I might be with you yet on the trip with L.A. jnr !

Onekeano, change of plan I have just been informed by Mrs L.A. that we are going to a wedding that weekend, maybe we could do it another time?

Clubman I am not a mickey dodger I just know who looks after my belly etc:lol

Flights from Glasgow

L/A

If you can find a confirmed midweek game, Aer Lingus & ryanair both have late flights on weekdays.

Thanks Leatherarse............

Went to the game yesterday, great match and great crack... long, long day but well worth it. Thanks for the advice - much appreiciated by myself and young Roy!

Roy

Back