How to get original planning docs from SDCC for house built in 1970s

dubdub123

Would appreciate any help with this!
What is needed in order to try pull original plans for house built in the 70s in Dublin.
I have folio, planning search was completed, builder details.

Anything else needed, before I ring SDCC?

Search the online archive , but it may require a visit to the offices to inspect what plans, if any they have on file.

Unfortunately I can't fine the details on line and I've emailed the south dublin county council planning office but they are unable to locate original plans. I had sent them on the site number and also addresss and folio, however they don't use the folio to search planning that is so old.

Any ideas? Basically engineer flagged that there may have been a load bearing wall removed from kitchen/dining area and that the replastering of the ceiling indicates same, however it's unclear if there was a wall there...

Is it possible to get an opinion of compliance for mutliple things or for the whole house? There's a couple of other items that were flagged but quite minor.

Kindof confusing as not clear if there is an actual issue here or just suspected and without original planning it's difficult to tell.

Any advise??

You should visit in person with the details you can hand over. Those plans should be in storage off site or on a microfiche system, also your plans may have been done when your property was in the Dublin County area so maybe in somewhere else... so worth investigating that....

An engineer will be able to determine if there is a load above where the wall was and offer an opinion on whether the removal was completed in a safe and compliant manner. That will be sufficient if the goal is to sell the property.

Back