How to get a better Company DC Scheme

IORPS II has turned company pensions on its head in Ireland. It was the reason the Pensions Authority needed to shut down one person schemes and get everything moved to a Master Trust method. Under the Master Trust, the allocation is 100%. This is a great thing. The annual management fee will very much depend on the contributions to the scheme.

You never mentioned how much the fund manager gets? Are they getting some of the 0.55% that APT are getting or is this in addition?

If you are paying €0.66 Pensions Authority fee, you must be in a scheme with between 501 - 1,000 members. they have a flat fee of €6,000 a year for the scheme. Schemes will less than 500 members pay €12 a year. For schemes of 1,001+, they pay €6 a year.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

My employer's scheme is also with Invesco and the charges seem a bit too good to be true which makes me suspicious that I'm being ripped off somewhere.

50 members
$1M pot
The funds available are combinations of a World Equity fund, Bonds and Cash at different allocations for different risk levels
The fee is 0.3% per annum for most funds
There are apparently "no additional charges"
100% allocation

Have we got a great deal or am I missing something?

Back