How to deal with Seetec/Jobpath

Skinnagin

I am being put under a lot of pressure by Seetec to take a job but am not in a position to for the following reasons.

*NB I do not want to be unemployed, have never been unemployed before and intend starting a new business asap*

Having become unemployed for the first time (due to the pandemic) I claimed Jobseekers Benefit Self-Employed (JBSE) based upon my PRSI record in December. After my claim was approved I had a serious accident resulting in surgery and being off my feet.

I was going to change my claim to Illness Benefit but as a Class S (self-employed) PRSI payer I am not entitled to this payment therefore remained on JBSE as I have no other income.

I was since contacted by a company called Seetec with a view to getting a new job. I was told I had to sign a contract with them, which I did.

As I am only able to work in a limited capacity, I started looking at online FETCH training courses and I would then be able to transfer from JBSE to a training allowance paid by FETCH.

Unfortunately all of the online courses I had registered for were cancelled due to insufficient numbers of participants.

*I do understand the criteria for Jobseeker's Benefit is that you are unemployed and actively seeking work but there is no other payment I would be able to claim*.

I will be signing off JBSE at the first opportunity and starting a new business but in the meantime need a weekly payment (I am on a reduced payment due to previous low earnings).

Does anyone know how I should approach/handle Seetec in the meantime.

They have said I need to be applying for two jobs a week and I am fearful of my weekly payment being reduced for not meeting this demand.

Thank you in advance for any advice/insight.

Last edited:
I was since contacted by a company called Seetec with a view to getting a new job. I was told I had to sign a contract with them, which I did.
If you want to frustrate a process you can ignore phone calls and emails and correspond with them only by post.

wasnt that jobpath program run by them and turasnua finished while back or is this a new program that started again given amount of money wasted by this crowd with no real benefit ,was couple of newspaper articles while back on them ,you dont have to sign a contract also if a job does come up and you take it tell them to get lost and stop harrassing you .tell them nothing about new job or they will put in claim for it. forgot to say
your signature on that so called contract is worth couple hundred euros to them(figures from couple years ago )

Back