How should I disclose this need to take salary from Bangladesh business?

khalidfarhan

Hey guys,

Kind of in a unique situation here and would appreciate the advise. I am living in Ireland for about 3 years now, arrived back in 2017 to do my MSc and have been working full time since finishing that. I pay the usual PAYE tax.

I also have a business back at home (Bangladesh) that I had before coming to Ireland and it is still going strong. However, I don't bring any of its revenue for tax complications. Bangladesh doesn't have a double taxation agreement with Ireland.

If I want to bring some money, in the form of a salary to myself from my Bangladesh business - how should I do it? Or is there a better way to bring the money in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

Kind of in a unique situation here and would appreciate the advise. I am living in Ireland for about 3 years now, arrived back in 2017 to do my MSc and have been working full time since finishing that. I pay the usual PAYE tax.

I also have a business back at home (Bangladesh) that I had before coming to Ireland and it is still going strong. However, I don't bring any of its revenue for tax complications. Bangladesh doesn't have a double taxation agreement with Ireland.

If I want to bring some money, in the form of a salary to myself from my Bangladesh business - how should I do it? Or is there a better way to bring the money in?

If the amounts involved are substantial, you really need to go and talk to a competent tax practitioner, experienced in international / expat taxes. The full facts of your situation, such as business structure (corporate or sole trade), will be relevant.

Good suggestion :) Will do. I guess if I start taking salaries, it would be around 2k/month (USD). Thanks for the comment mate. Stay safe.

Back