How much to finish off incomplete house?

Guelder

Hi all,

Hope this is the right forum for this query, if not, please feel free to move, mods.

My parents have viewed a house for sale and are very interested in purchasing it.

The house itself was built around 2005/2006, however it has been idle for approx. the past 2 years.

It was previously finished to a good standard, however the previous owners have stripped it of pretty much everything, it needs:

New boiler - around €2500?
Boiler controls - €800?

Stove - €1500?
All new radiators (approx. 12) - €1800?

All new sanitary ware - again, all toilets, baths, sinks etc.. have been removed (There are 2 bathrooms, 1 ensuite) - €3000

New doors - all doors have been removed along with architrave.
around 13 doors needed. - €1000
Architrave and skirting - €800?

Stairs & landing - needs carpet - €500
Upstairs bedrooms need flooring (laminates) - €1200
2 large bedrooms upstairs (17.4 X 17.7 and 19.3 X 20.1)

Fireplace missing mantle and bottom marble piece. - €500

Whole house needs painting - interior and exterior - €1500 - have a friend who can do this

Curtains and/or blinds for approx. 17 windows and 4 velux - €1500

Exterior oil tank - €450

Attic Stira - €500

Tiling - kitchen and one ensuite needs to be re-tiled - €1000?
New kitchen - approx. €5500 (nothing too fancy obviously! Cash & Carry or B&Q job)
White goods - €2000

Furnishings - €3000

Total approx: €29000

I'm not too sure on labour costs involved for the plumbing - fitting of boiler and controls, zoned heating, stove, installation of rads, toilets baths and showers etc.. €3000??

Are these figures in around the ballpark or am I way off?

House size: approx 2,500 sq ft

All flooring downstairs is mainly solid wood, so that would probably be kept.

Kitchen & utility tiled floor would need replacing. The Kitchen is solid wood and miraculously hasn't been removed. The kitchen might be replaced for a newer style - will most definitely need hob, extractor fan, oven and white goods etc..

Bedrooms downstairs again have solid wood flooring and most likely would be kept. Ensuite would need to be re-tiled along with new sink, toilet & shower.

Downstairs bathroom possibly just needs new toilet - sink, shower and jacuzzi bath are installed - not sure if working though - and is nicely tiled.

Upstairs - 2 large bedrooms - nothing has ever been done with these so would need flooring, doors etc..

Upstairs bathroom is nicely tiled, but again, no toilet, bath or sink.

All pipes / plumping and wiring are in place - but all fixtures removed i.e boiler, stove, rads etc..

That's all I can think of right now anyhow.

Could anyone who's recently undertaken a job like this or those in the know please help with a breakdown of costs for the above?

Of course, I do understand how long is a piece of string etc.. [broken link removed]

Would I be right in thinking that €30,000 should go a long way in rectifying all of the above?
Any feedback would be greatly welcomed,

Thanks all! [broken link removed]

What sort of boiler are you putting in gas or oil? The labour wil be the mosy costly for them. I wouldn't advise putting laminates upstairs due to risk of impact noise. I think you way out in your painting quotes. Best get quotes from local tradesmen and go from there, hope hour parents are getting good duscount on the house.

Attic Stira - €500
This caught my eye. My "Stira" came from Woodies and cost €99 and €65 to fit IIRC. I agree, no laminate flooring upstairs. The house would need to be a real bargain basement job as you have the worst of both worlds - strip-out and refit and all the attendant undiscovered nightmares.