How much has askaboutmoney saved you in 2013?

salaried

I tend to say , A friend of mine asked fairly often, The truth is they do and if I am asked for advice on a subject that I am not familiar with I come on here and ask, I get great advice and pass it on as I did recently, When the person in question thanks me I tell them I only forwarded their query on here and they should register themselves as you or one of the other AAM,ers sorted their issue for them, I still think I hold the record for the most money saved for advice given on the forum, 32,00.00 euro , A subsidence claim that was rejected time and again until I took advice from here and took on the ins company , I wont forget that one, Regards Cumnor.

I still think I hold the record for the most money saved for advice given on the forum, 32,00.00 euro ,.

Hi Salaried

You are only in the hapennny place...

There are many individuals who have used askaboutmoney to get trackers back who will save much more than €32,000 over the life of their mortgage.

The biggest group to benefit were the ptsb SVR mortgage holders.
The small group of activists who used askaboutmoney to campaign to get the SVR reduced have saved their fellow members around €80m a year! ( €19 billion in owner occupied mortgages. Around €8 billion on SVR @1%)

Fair point Brendan, I remember it well, I am on a svr also so if I put that in to the equation I might still be in there with a chance, Keep up the good work, Regards Cumnor.

Way back at the turn of the millenium I insisted that my mortgage switch to a tracker. Later I insisted they switch me to the best tracker rate they had on offer. All this as a result of discussion and advice here.

way back at the turn of the millenium i insisted that my mortgage switch to a tracker. Later i insisted they switch me to the best tracker rate they had on offer. All this as a result of discussion and advice here.

+1

It is easy to quantify the £,s saved on Tracker Mortgages etc.

But the big benefit is having on-line a mixed bunch of views.Some are twits , some are genuises. But each time it is someones response and is worth assessing .
Gives you time to think before you act.
I am surprised at the depth of knowledge that people willingly impart.
In short priceless.

Personally, I think of other benfits of AAM. Forget about the money !!

What it has saved me is LUNACY, been able to tune in to others' problems and try and lend an opinion, in a market and economy that is very very broken.

It is easy to quantify the £,s saved on Tracker Mortgages etc.

But the big benefit is having on-line a mixed bunch of views...
Gives you time to think before you act.
I am surprised at the depth of knowledge that people willingly impart.
In short priceless.

This sums up what I thought, when I saw the thread. AAM certainly has given me lots of food for thought, in many areas, some financial, some not. I agree re the advice and knowledge shared. I don't want to mention posters by name, cos I would surely forget some. But,I would like to mention Welfarite, R.I.P who was someone who helped so many people, over the years.
I also find the best buys thread excellent, take a bow, Ciaran T!

I tend to agree with most comments here. It can be easy in some sense to do comparisions in terms of €'s but like many others who use this site I have saved on untold amounts of stress, heartache and bewilderment.
To be able to have a fourm to seek, give and read other members advice has, for me personnelly, allowed me to move out of the Affordable Housing trap, get benefits for my disbaled son that I didn't know he was entitled to, be more brazen in dealings with banks / solicitors / HSE etc etc. Its great comfort knowing that if I come accross an issue I can come here and see what other members have to say.
Keep up the work and long may it last.

€250 in 2013.

Replacement Iphone given at Apple Store Belfast for free.

The €250 was the price quoted for fixing a cracked screen.

Thanks Noah and Askaboutmoney.

Marion

PS: the trip to Belfast to see the sights was on my to do list anyway so the price saved is the price saved. :)

Know a lady circa 2 years ago, being bullied into guaranteeing her wayward sons debts of k256.
If she guaranteed her son by lodging extra security,Mr Bank would restructure his building loan at a very low interest rate.
Her sensible daughter told me she got initial advice via AAM.
Upshot= no guarantee.

It was from that issue I became aware of AAM .

Son now in UK. Better still, all ok within the family,

Back