How long to get mortgage protection in place?

newhome

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this question.
How long does mortgage protection usually take to be in place?
Do they send out a letter to the doctor & then they have to send it back in or do they just ring them? (Both of us are in good health)

It's just that we need to close in 2 weeks and have sent it in over a week ago.

Thanks for any info.

In my experience with Ulster Bank which was very drawn out and frustrating, the bank requested written documentation from my doctor. The whole process took just over three weeks. Unfortunately, this is one technicality that can hold things up.

what kind of written documentation do they need from your doctor? I don't really have a gp as such. I go to different doctor's all the time depending on who's available and where i am

I actually rang the broker yesterday and they said that they won't be needing to send anything to the doctor and that is should be through in the next few days.
Thanks for the info.

there is no definitive answer to this question, further medical information may be requested by a life assurance company in the format of a PMA ( private medical attendants report) which they send to your GP or a full medical examination with the Life Assurances Doctor. It all depends upon the health status, age, smoker/non smoker and BMI for each individual.

If you are in good health and have answered no to all the health questions, then you should get standard aceptance where no further medical information is required.

Back