How long from Swords to city centre?

CCOVICH

A few friends of mine are looking at buying in Swords. How long does it take to get from the village to city centre during rush hour on the bus?

P.S. If this would be more appropriate in another forum, please feel free to move.

Not being smart but they might be better off trying a few dry runs to get a real experience of this commute.

Normally I would agree, but getting out to Swords for 7.30 or so on a weekday morning (Nothing to stop them in the evening though). to get a bus back into town is a bit of a waste if there are people doing this on a daily basis anyway and are willing to share their experinces here.

P.S. I'm very disappointed in you Club Man that you didn't have a detailed answer, or at the very least a link to a page of google results;) .

Hi there,

Moved to Swords recently (well it's nearer to Kinsealy - Feltrim Hall) from there it takes me between 30 and 45 mins to get to Talbot Street on the 43.

M.

I think the airport and the port tunnel cause major delays during rush hour. The tunnel won't be a problem for ever but I can't see what they can do about the dreadful access problems the airport has with all those daft little roundabouts. I'd consider going a bit further north and then you can get onto the M1 before the airport exit. There's also the train, I believe they've bought new cars for the Drogheda line.

Merlin said:
Hi there,

Moved to Swords recently (well it's nearer to Kinsealy - Feltrim Hall) from there it takes me between 30 and 45 mins to get to Talbot Street on the 43.

M.

Thanks Merlin, I presume you leave between 7.30/8?

the 43 bus route is a quiker option than the 41 or 33 that get delayed due to port tunnel works. The only downfall about the 43 is it is not very frequent and reliable. The traffic in swords itself is very bad to many traffic lights which results in you barely moving

Back