How long does it take to Re-fix with KBC

Hi @TTandTO and @AJ1, how long did your re fix take if you don't mind sharing?

We are awaiting for our valuation in order to re-fix with KBC for a longer term,
I was told by the KBC customer service that any extra amount (variable - selected new fixed rate) we pay during the time of being on variable rate whilst they process our new fixed rate will be refunded, did they apply this for you as I couldn't get them to confirm this in writting but they said that this info is in the bounce back email you received when re fixing ?
Apologies for not replying sooner

I was officially refixed on the 18th of August

But I did not receive the letter confirming this until end of September.

I didn’t move to variable. one month I was on the 4 year fix. Next month I was on my 10 year fix.

I’m happy with the certainty that the 10 fix gives me even if I pay a little more over the longer term.

Can you pay a sum off the balance before refixing with KBC (or any bank for that matter)?

Eg. Want to start the refix process with KBC and ideally I'd pay €5000 off the balance to reduce the ltv rate before refixing.
I've done this before when switching mortgages but is it possible on a refix?
Or would that technically be an overpayment?
On fixed rates, you should be able to pay off lump overpayment up to the value of 10% of the principle without penalty?

1670353202398.png

In November 2022, I re fixed with KBC at a 3yr rate of 2.25%. Delighted with that rate, and it took about a month to go through. I am now with BOI and I hope to pay the balance once the 3 year term is up.
Thanks to @Paul F for the help!

Back