How long are Mortgage Approval Applications taking currently?

We are trying to get an appointment in branch with AIB to apply for pre-approval as over the phone they are saying to go to a branch as their applications are taking 3 to 4 weeks.
We're problems getting through to branches to make the appointments, anyone finding the same?
We can't apply online as it's a second mortgage.

First time buyers. We made a joint application to Ulster Bank on the 17th of July and haven't heard anything back yet. The in branch advisor hasn't responded to an email query made 10 days ago.
The mortgge advisor in my branch of the AIB dealt with us over the phone. We put in that application 2 weeks ago. He did say they're very busy and that "Dublin have pushed (mortgage) business back out onto the branches".
And to go slightly off topic, it seems there's no hope of getting a new build within our price range around Galway in the near future.

First time buyers. We made a joint application to Ulster Bank on the 17th of July and haven't heard anything back yet. The in branch advisor hasn't responded to an email query made 10 days ago.
The mortgge advisor in my branch of the AIB dealt with us over the phone. We put in that application 2 weeks ago. He did say they're very busy and that "Dublin have pushed (mortgage) business back out onto the branches".
And to go slightly off topic, it seems there's no hope of getting a new build within our price range around Galway in the near future.
Keep at UB. Friend application with them literally took weeks and weeks. AIB was quicker in the end but came back with a much smaller loan offer amount than UB

Has anyone an idea how long this process is taking now? I know of someone who put in an application around six weeks ago through a broker to Haven. I think something got returned to be re-signed (which may have delayed things by a couple of weeks or more now) and apparently everything SHOULD be going to the underwriter this week, but wouldn't be shocked if it's held up again.

Has anyone recent experience of obtaining AIP from Haven via a broker? Any idea if the turnaround should be quick enough once it goes to underwriter ? I'm hearing they are notoriously slow at the best of times.

It took me around a month from submission of documentation to approval by Avant Mortgages. The final week was spend waiting for my my of month payslip because they would no longer accept the payslip from the previous month! So they are slow but still worth it for the 1.95 per cent fixed rate I got from them,

I had similar difficulties with PTSB. Its partly the time of year, lots of people taking annual leave - it took about a week to get AIP, but then another 4 weeks to get to loan offer. And now both the original agent who I dealt with AND my solicitor have gone on holiday for a week.....

This happened to me in 2012 with BoI.

I couldn't tell whether this was true or cover for laziness.

It did seem that the underwriters internally seek to retain an air of mystique and don't communicate well with staff dealing with the application.

But that was just one experience a long time ago.
Yes - 4 weeks with PTSB, and the valuation was done the day after I got the AIP.

Back