How do I submit rental return & capital gains online

P

paul_m

Hi,

I registered with ROS last week and I received my activation code. I logged into revenue online but I'm mot sure how to proceed about filing a rental return and capital gain/loss for 2005 with PAYE online.

Has any PAYE worker filed a return online for rental income and capital gains? If so could you tell me where I should go to inside the PAYE online
website?

PaulM, I was wondering the same thing. It's not the most user friendly web-site.

Sorry I can't be of use to you, but maybe a second request will help !

rental income cannot be declared as yet on PAYE online. following list might be helpful gives details of what can/cannot be claimed at the moment:

incomes you can declare in PAYE online:
Benefit In Kind
Canadian Dividends
Dividends and Distributions
Foreign Pensions
Other Foreign Incomes
Sch E- Non PAYE income
Uk Dividends
US Dividends
Untaxed Incomes Arising in the state
Fees and Commissions
Exempt Income
Maintenance Payments Received
Deposit/SSA Interest Received
Irish Tax Deducted on Foreign Divs

Tax Credits You can Claim:
PAYE tax Credit
Personal Tax Credit
Flat Rate Expenses
Age Tax Credit
One Parent Family Tax Credit
PSWT
Rent Tax Credit
Retainable Charge
Service Charges Relief
Widowed Parent Tax Credit
Incapacitated Child Tax Credit
Medical Insurance Relief
Permanent Health Insurance
Trade union Subscriptions
Home Carer's Tax Credit
Health Expenses (in review year)
Blind Person's Tax Credit
Guide Dog Allowance
Dependent Relative Tax Credit
Deduction for Maintenance Payments

yes, had same issue wtih CGT and had to post off cheque as the payment before 31 Oct deadline still applies irrespective if you are registered with ROS or not.
one thing i would add the revenue help desk came back straight away in response to my query which was pleasantly surprising

I had the same problem last week and was advised by Revenue to register for "Income tax" as I am a PAYE worker and you cannot, as pointed out above, fill out the rental and pension credits etc online. Tried to get through tp tax office a few times but gave up. I am now late with my return but hope it will be ok as they will owe me money.

Slim

Back