How do i handle land registry?

WildDeer

My parents started the registration process of the house I now live in 6 years ago in 2013.

The engineer mapped the site which included the house, back garden and sheds at the rear of the house. When the maps were submitted by the solicitor the PRA came back saying the sheds had already been registered by a neighbour.

This caused a dispute which went on for a few years. Finally in 2018 the dispute ended and our neighbours sent a solicitors letter to land registry saying the sheds are to be transferred to our folio.

Since then, all adjoining neighbours were notified of the registration in November 2018 to which there were no disputes but that's it, we have heard nothing since.

Our solicitor has followed up a couple of times and our local political representative has also contacted them but still no progress. They have replied saying that basically it takes time and at the moment there is a big wait list.

We were granted planning permission in 2017 to add an extension and do a few bits as we have big problems with damp coming through the walls and floor.

For obvious reasons we can't get a mortgage to do the renovations until the property is registered and in our name.

I just wonder has anyone had any experience with this or something similar? How long should first registration of a property take?
Is there any way of speeding up the process?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi
Sorry for jumping on but I have an issue about first registration. I purchased a house in 2007. This year I listed it for sale and we found out that the back of the house, garden and garage wasn't registered in the folio. After several trips, continuous emails and months waiting on PRAI to get back to me they have sent a letter stating the mapping is correct and the land at the back would be required to through first time registration. I contacted the conveyancing solicitor whom sold me the house and he became very hostile and told me to contact him via a solicitor as he needs to protect himself. I was only looking for help with the matter. Can't report it as it's been over 5 years. (That is so unfair) I have no money, my house was sale agreed and now I can't sell. I was just trying to downsize.
Has anyone any idea what I can do that is cost effective, can I register myself as I can't afford a solicitor?
On a side note, I paid the solicitor for any paperwork he had (before I found out) and he had signed and dated a folio in 2009 that CLEARLY showed 1/3 of my property wasn't on the folio. Wouldn't it have been his job to inform me of this.
Please help

Back