How do I find out who the Landlord is?

L

Losing it

Apologies beforehand if I've posted this in the wrong area. I deliberated over it for a while and thought this the best place.

I'm living in South Tipp, next door to a rented house that is slowly and surely being demolished by its tenants, as is my flipping head!!

Would anyone have an idea how I'd find out who the landlord is? I'd be very grateful.

Thank you!

Landlords are supposed to register with the Private residential Tenancies Board - but a lot of them don't even though it's supposed to be an offence not to.
Anyway - if he/she has - then there is a public register for each county available. It's not very well organised and it's in MS Excel format. Some of the entries show the landlords name (most don't!) But maybe the PRTB will let you know who it is if they have registered? The register is here ...
http://www.prtb.ie/pubreg.htm

That's great, thanks very much Irishlinks. I sent them an e-mail, so if I don't hear back shortly I'll give them a call.

It was, Irishlinks, but no landlord or agency. Sigh!

Never heard of that brodie. Do I go in and ask for it at the desk? Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

wander into the garda station tell them your head is wreaked adn they should be able to tell you.

Type the address in google - you might be able to find out who the selling agent was at least. ;)

another way to do it, which some one else may have more knowledge about is to get the OS map of the plot the house is on, then send that to the land registry who will give you the folio number and the name(s) of who the land is registered to. there is a small fee for this which i think is about six yoyos.
have fun

Back