How can FBD shares be valued and sold?

Markievicz

A relation has died leaving an amount of FBD shares to charity. I had the similar good fortune several years ago, but never touched them.
I am an executor of the will. How can I sell FBD shares? Is it true they can only be sold to a farmer? And if that is they case how can they be valued as they are ?

Shares in FBD Holdings PLC are quoted on the Irish Stock Exchange.

The share price today is €12.80

If you have the share certificates you will have to use a broker like Davys.

Not sure if there is a separate company dating back to when it was set up. But if you call Davys and email them your share certs, they will tell you.

You can also contact [email protected]

Brendan

Thanks Brendan, information from solicitor is different. That Davy's acted as broker in past but no longer? Anyone out there with more recent experiences?

information from solicitor is different.
Information from solicitor is wrong.

If they've left the shares to charity, you don't need to sell them. Contact the share registrar, and they've a process to do this. It's a frequent request.

I was a bit confused.

Are you selling the shares and giving them the proceeds or are you giving them the shares?

How many shares are there?

Make sure it's worth their while.

Brendan

Turns out I was wrong re the nature of the FBD shares, in that they are Farmer Business Development holdings ..that apparently cannot be traded on the regular market.. Has anyone successfully disposed of these shares? And how? Any advice welcome.

They sell on the "grey market". Davy will (or at least did until recently) act as broker. You give them your certs, and set a limit price, and they'll try find a buyer. You can only sell to a pre-approved buyer, so it could take time. Its not a liquid market, so setting a price can be difficult.

The company did complete a large share buyback last year, but at a price higher than you should expect to achieve.

Contact details for FBDevelopments, Davy, and the Share Registrar Link all included here:

Seems Davy no longer facilitates this...
There are 2 others contacts on the link I shared, including the company secretary.

There are less 4,000 shareholders, there's a slim chance of you finding someone who has transferred shares recently on a forum like this.

Back