House renovation - how to claim LPT exemption

Cowpat

House is being renovated and LPT exemption applies. I've contacted the LPT contact line and was advised that I could apply online and provide photographic evidence or do it by post. I'm trying to apply online now but not having much luck. Does anyone else have experience of the process. Thanks in advance

What exactly is the problem that you're having when trying to apply online? We're retrospectively claiming an exemption on behalf of my late mother for the time that she was in a nursing home and they suggested that we do it via her LPT or Revenue myAccount online accounts. But we can no longer log into these so are doing it by letter to the person who wrote back to us.

Last edited:
What exactly is the problem that you're having when trying to apply online? We're retrospectively claiming an exemption on behalf of my late mother for the time that she was in a nursing home and they suggested that we do it via her LPT or Revenue myAccount online accounts. But we can no longer log into these so are doing it by letter to the person who wrote back to us.
I logged onto lpt.ie but it's not giving me an option to upload photos to apply for the exemption. At this stage I will probably just print photos and apply by post. Thanks

I logged onto lpt.ie but it's not giving me an option to upload photos to apply for the exemption. At this stage I will probably just print photos and apply by post. Thanks
You could try doing it via a Revenue myAccount message with attachments?

Back