house insurance - letting to students

eamonn66

do any student landlords out there know which ins co.s offer a competitive rate for (or will even touch) properties let to students.

As far as I know it doesn't really matter. any damage caused by the tenants is not covered under the policies as far as I am aware. Your best bet is to contact you main residence insurer - normally insurers will only take on a rental property if they have the landlord's residence.

rental property insurance is widely available for not much more than standard rates but any insurance co's ive approached are insisting that the tenants must be in full-time employment or a family. thats the problem.

I see. All i know is that in the insuranec co. I used to work for they had the above conditions about the main residance. It is also important that you are aware that any damage or loss/theft caused by them will generally not be covered by the policy. Have you got a broker ? Normally if you are with one of the bigger brokers you'd be amazed what strings they can pull. Best of luck with it anyway.

JC Daly Insurances will do this (or at least did this before their business was sold within the last week or so).

The Square Abbeyfeale Co Limerick Telephone: 068 32761

i rang jc daly but they like the others insist that any tenants be either a family or in full time employment.
in the end only FBD would do it on condition that they also got my own house for which they wanted E130 more than 123.ie

Back