house insurace for new property - when to arrange cover for

deeobrien

Hi all,

I'm buying a new house and I gather the bank will require buildings insurance in place before they issue the check.

My question is when should I arrange for the cover to start? I'm expecting to close the sale of the house around the 15th August. Does I need the house insurance policy certificate when I request the check from the bank? If so I guess I should arrange cover from the 1st August so that I have the paperwork in time?

Thanks,
Deirdre

The Bank will require the Insurance Certificate before they issue the Check.
I did it a week before hand.
I used 123.ie
KK

deeobrien said:
Hi all,

I'm buying a new house and I gather the bank will require buildings insurance in place before they issue the check.

My question is when should I arrange for the cover to start? I'm expecting to close the sale of the house around the 15th August. Does I need the house insurance policy certificate when I request the check from the bank? If so I guess I should arrange cover from the 1st August so that I have the paperwork in time?

Thanks,
Deirdre

I'm closing on the 11th Aug hopefully - have arranged cover to start on the 1st Aug in case I get early access, it's only €40 per month and spread over 11 months I get the 1st month off without payment.

Back