House extension wall only plastered at top half of outside wall

chris20051

Hi,

What do people think on this, the serino is, I moved into a house I am buying in November 2007, on the surveyor report, it did mention the extension outside wall was only half plastered and they recommended getting the wall fully plastered at this stage. The reason the wall is only half plastered (i.e the top half is plastered and the bottom half is not plastered) is because our extension wall is very close to the neighbours garden wall and there is not sufficient room to plaster the full outside wall, only way around this is to seal the top wall between my extension wall and the neighbours wall which could work, my only issue is it will costs approx €350.00 to get somebody to do this and my misses is 5 months pregnant, as anyone would know money is tight especially when the misses is going to give birth to our first child not to far into the future plus my wife is not working at present. I am wondering if I could get away with the wall only half plastered for another year or at least till the baby is born and we are settled.

My question is, is it a good idea or not to leave the wall the way it is at present, I would also point out the wall has been that way about 7 years since the extension was built, I have also noticed other houses with new extensions are not fully plastered because of a similar situation however it doesn't mean it right, but if it buys me time it could be less pressure on the take home pay.

could be good if cavity is good.how close is ur neighbours wall.would recomend scratch coat if possible should be cheaper too.u dont need a lot of room to work as no real finishing required in this.if it is on a sheltered side(if there is such a thing) and the end of the top half is beveled and if the wall is sheltering it u could be in good shape with a scratch coat for now

Back