House Buying: problem with planning

jigseyCork

After being refused planning three times, we decided to give up and go and buy a ready made house.
We agreed a price for new built house on 0.6 acre and paid deposit 7 weeks ago. As of yet we have not recieved contracts for sale. This week our solicitor contacted us to inform us, that the reason we have no contracts is that the vendors are seeking a "change of residency" to allow them to sell house. As the planning requiremnets stated they must live in property for five years.
Does this sound right and is this a common issue, and knowing how the Cork county council work, how long will this take??

Thanks Jigsey "homeless in cork"

Jigsey, this does sound correct if the planning for the house was granted subject to local needs. Our planning (Louth) stipulates a five year residency in the house which ensures that the person who has applied for the planning based on local needs does continue to live in the house and not sell it on for profit immediately.

I cannot help with your other questions but I would be very grateful if you would post the result once you have it as I have often wondered what would happen should somebody try and sell in this situation. Possibly it can happen if the buyer also qualifies for the "local needs" conditions.

Good luck

Back