Key Post House Alarms

Re: Key Post: House Alarms

can anyone recommend a good company in cork city.my house is wired for an alarm but not wired upstairs.

Used Hyland Security in Cork a couple of times in the past - they hid the wiring well- would use them again.

Used Hyland Security in Cork a couple of times in the past - they hid the wiring well- would use them again.

where are they based?any idea on their prices or do they have website?
thanks.

Some other posts

Marion
Re: Wireless House alarm

I have recently installed this [broken link removed] by PhoneWatch. It cost me €1300 (incl keyfob). My alarm is a 12-zone alarm. I have used 6 zones so far. PhoneWatch accepts Amex blue. (€12.40 cashback - €60 for keyfob paid to technician on day of installation)

This includes:

Control Panel
Dummy box
3 PIRs
2 door connectors
Splitter for Broadband (or whatever it's called)
A remote control key fob (€60) I use this all the time. It allows me to activate and deactivate my alarm without having to listen to the buzzer or having to key in the code. PhoneWatch will contact me when the battery on this needs to be renewed.
3 years' monitoring and maintenance by PhoneWatch.

It's possible to add on other features that this system offers.

An agent (not PhoneWatch) called to my home selling this particular package. I hadn't contacted PhoneWatch. This were cold calling on houses in the area.

Marion

Just wondering if anyone has any up-to-date 2008 quotes for alarms. I'm looking for an alarm for an old terraced 3 bed, 2 bay windows at front, no existing wiring, does have a landline but it's not presently active. Did an online quote with one company which works out at over €2000. :eek: I'm assuming the bay windows mean 3 window alarms each. There are 7 other ordinary windows, and only 2 doors.

Any just wondering what is meant above by "only using 6 out of 12 zones" - this can't mean Marion is only using half the house??? :confused:

Last edited:
Just bumping this as it's becoming urgent. I believe there are new regulations in place now for burglar alarms? Anyone got any up-to-date info? Thanks

Hey

Can anyone advise me roughly how much getting an alarm would set me back in a new apartment?

Back