hotels in New York, San Fran and New Orleans

S

Sarah Wellband

I'm off the USA for the first time this year (at the grand old age of 41!) and will be spending a week in New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. I'm looking for recommendations for 3/4 star central hotels, preferably smaller, child *unfriendly* (!) accommodation who won't discriminate against single travellers. All and any recommendations gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

Sarah.

In NYC for modern, trendy & not particularly child friendly accomodation try

(right beside times square)
www.rogerwilliamshotel.com (near Empire State)

I've not stayed in www.themusehotel.com/ but I believe it's nice too. The Paramount Hotel is also often mentioned but I have to say I wasn't mad about it.

Also www.ianschragerhotels.com might be worth a look

I dont' think any of these are cheap (but nowhere decent is in Manhattan really) - you're looking @ ~ $200 a night I'd guess

I'd recommend the Bienville House Hotel in New Orleans. Its on Decataur Street in the French Quarter right across the road from The House of Blues.

I stayed there in November last year and booked through www.neworleans.com. Think the room was about $100 per night for two of us.

The first time I was in New Orleans I stayed in a gorgeous hotel called Bourbon Orleans (on the corner of Bourbon street and Orleans Street) but when I checked last year it was really expensive.

Whatever you do, don't stay in a Days Inn - they're disgusting and something bit me!

We stayed in Hitlon in SF. Central location and cheap ($99 anight). Although that was 2 years ago.

Any hotel around union sq is nice.

Back