Hotel Recommendations - Hamburg

B

Brynick

Can anybody recommend a good central hotel in Hamburg.

Thanks a million.......

If someone else is paying I'd recommend this place ( [broken link removed] ) - very cool altogether, lovely large rooms very nicely decorated, fabulous breakfast too, but pricey.

I'm sure you can get very decent accommodation for a lot less than that but I've no recommendations ... The best site for hotel reservations in my opinion is www.hrs.com .. they are a german company so should have loads of hotels listed for Hamburg.

The Ibis hotel is a good choice if you want cheap and basic. Rooms are like prison cells but the food/drink is ok. No facilities as such and the bedroom carpet is so thin you can 'feel' the concrete underneath!!

It's close to the entertainment area (which also doubles as a tolerated 'red-light area'). Locals don't bat an eyelid but it was be a bit 'odd' the first time I (male) walked through the area. And me a bleddin' Nortsider!

As regards restaurants, definitely go to Restaurant Franziskaner
www.restaurant-franziskaner.de

They do the wonderful "Schweinhaxe" - Roast Pork with Crackling and you can get mash with sauerkraut and wonderful mustard.

Very central. GrosseTheaterstrasse 9, right by the Alster lake.

I've stayed in the Park Hyatt Hamburg which is right where you want to be on Monckebergstrasse.

Back