Home Payments Ltd....

I'm not a frequent user of this site and hope it isn't frowned upon to resurrect old threads, but I heard today from a colleague that this company went into liquidation today.
Not regulated at all either. People will lose money it appears.

There is no announcement on their [broken link removed] though I guess these days there are so many companies going belly up they dont get a chance to do it before the 'grim reapers' arrive at their offices.

There is no announcement on their website though I guess these days there are so many companies going belly up they dont get a chance to do it before the 'grim reapers' arrive at their offices.
From what I was told the liquidators just turned up. Friends relative arrived at the door to colect a cheque and they wouldn't let him in. Refused to give out money.

Sounds like normal procedure these days. If it is true I would feel very sorry for all those people who may be owed money by them, it is very tough.

Gosh they must be someone from the company reading this site as a notice has just gone up on [broken link removed] to say they are to cease operating with immediate effect.

I knew the directors and original founders of this company and they were decent and nice people. The children who were also involved in the company were also nice people. One branch of the family became involved in property here and abroad, separate to the company. It would appear that the company also became involved in property and this has led to it's current problems. Another long established company gone to the wall it seems.

Just heard about this & extremely worried now. We don't know what bills have been paid & what haven't. Also we had nearly €2.5k in "savings" with them.

Does anyone know how we stand ? Is our money gone ?

How come they weren't regulated ? I thought all financial companies had to be ?

Apparently they were not covered by the legislation so did not fall under the financial regulator. Or at least I have been told that about a similar company.

They have ceased trading but are not in liquidation according to this Irish Times [broken link removed].

You should make sure to stop any direct debits or standing orders on your bank account.

Back