Home made or ethical Easter eggs

G

geegee

Does anyone make their own Easter eggs? If so, how? Or, is there an manufacturer who produces them with little packaging and offering good value?

eggs

You can buy moulds and after that I think its easy enough. I know you can get them in the kitchen supply shop off Grafton St (beside Little Caesars).

Re: eggs

I remember seeing a documentary about cocoa plantations on the Ivory Coast a few years back. Put me off chocolate.

I remember seeing a documentary about cocoa plantations on the Ivory Coast a few years back. Put me off chocolate.

No doubt it was about unfair trade, exploitation etc. which would put me off too but try explaining that to small children. Does anyone actually take a stand and refuse to buy Easter eggs on value / environmental / ethical grounds?

I guess one way you could make your own is to shell (boom boom) out for one small easter egg and use the plastic shell as a mould. Just melt your chocolate and cover each half shell with the melted chocolate. Allow it to cool and then pour more melted chocolate over it. Repeat until it is sufficiently deep - just like making a candle.

It might be a bit late though ...

Back