Home Insurance: underwriters are "Wellintgton Syndicate 2020 at Lloyds": risky?

Bank Manager

Recently received my home insurance renewal quotation. Thought it looked expensive. Applied for the same cover as I have with 123.ie. Received a quote almost E180 less than my own one. However, I see the underwriters are "Members of Wellintgton Syndicate 2020 at Lloyds". This un-nerves me a little. Am I exposed to a syndicate paying up if I need to make a claim? Has anyone insured already through this source? if so have you ever had to make a calim? if so, how did it go?

Hi Bank Manager,

did you go ahead with that quote? I got a quote from the same people today using 123.ie and it is also nearly €200 cheaper than the quote I have from my current insurer.

Thanks, Alison.

Not yet. Not due until end June. Still nervous though, what do you think? I don't want to save a few hundred here only to find I may have a problem if I make a claim at some future date.

Hi Bank Manager,

I spoke to a friend (an actuary), he hadn't heard of them but thought if they were a Lloyds syndicate they would be fine.

However my own insurance was up so I had to renew, I went with allianz direct, they offered me a slightly cheaper quote than 123.ie. There is a discount for booking online (), the earliest they cover you from is from the following day. I also got a very good quote from , so you should try both of those first, you'll probably feel more comfortable going with a known company.

Aldaco.

Back