Home Insurance for Rental

OnLooker

I own a house but have it rented out. I have been using BOI to insure the house with €350k rebuild value & 25k contents. I recieved my home insurance quote from BOI on Friday for the up coming year. Its gone up €160 from last year. Not sure why but ain't going to ask. I am just going to transfer my policy if I am get any cheaper/

Dis anyone know of any better insurance companies??

Thanks in advance.

you need to know why it has increased before you can compare. have sums insured gone up, have you had claims, was the first year at a reduced rate, were the bank aware that it was a rental house?

you need to know why it has increased before you can compare. have sums insured gone up, have you had claims, was the first year at a reduced rate, were the bank aware that it was a rental house?

Sums have not gone up. I haven't had a claim. Had the house insurance for 2 years with BOI. BOI were aware it was for a rental.

I initially had some trouble getting insurance for a rental property. However got a great quote from 123.ie - approx 350 to cover a 3 bed house and separate 2bed annex.

I initially had some trouble getting insurance for a rental property. However got a great quote from 123.ie - approx 350 to cover a 3 bed house and separate 2bed annex.

Thanks for that. 123.ie quotes are alot cheaper.

in a similiar position - just got my renewal notice from BOI for rental property I own - premium is 450 for 190K buildings and 25k contents excess is 100 euro. Got online quote from 123.ie and very litlte differnce - does this tally with your experience?

in a similiar position - just got my renewal notice from BOI for rental property I own - premium is 450 for 190K buildings and 25k contents excess is 100 euro. Got online quote from 123.ie and very litlte differnce - does this tally with your experience?

My renewal quote with BOI is €660 for €270k buildings & 25k content. I also wanted to increase the rebuild cost to €350 but imagine how much BOI would charge.

Just Rang FBD and they gave me a quote of €635 for €350k buildings & 25k contents.

www.123.ie is way cheaper but you have to read their clauses carefully. It all depends on the insurance you need.

I own a house but have it rented out. I have been using BOI to insure the house with €350k rebuild value & 25k contents. I recieved my home insurance quote from BOI on Friday for the up coming year. Its gone up €160 from last year. Not sure why but ain't going to ask. I am just going to transfer my policy if I am get any cheaper/

Dis anyone know of any better insurance companies??

Thanks in advance.

There is a website that compares a load of insurance companies called insureme.ie. You put in your details once and it comes back with the top 5 quotes and policy details and then you simply select the one you want! Hope that helps?

just got a quote from AXA and it is the best so far - 100 euro less than BOI. got them as a result of the webiste

Back