Holidaying in Miami

C

catsw

Can anyone give some advice on holidaying in Florida. Myself and a mate are travelling in May for 7 nights. We've been advised to skip Orlando and head straight down to Miami and use it as our base. We're both in our early 30's and single and female, so we're interested in a fun, shopping, sight-seeing trip. Any advice is appreciated.

miami

For the nightlife and social scene Miami is great.
If there - you would want to be staying at South Beach. Downtown Miami is nothing to see.
If you are based in Miami the Everglades and Key West are worth a visit while you are there.

Haven't been to Orlando so cannot comment much on that. Seems to be more a family type holiday destination.

Florida/Miami

Try here

For what its worth,
Orlando, wouldn't bother with Disneyland. Had a ball in Universal Studios and helping myself to another day of same this year although in LA. Miami is so bizarre but definitely worth checking out. Be careful when you go, we got hit by hurricanes which bring everything to a halt.

Re: Florida/Miami

Thanks folks for the reply. Think we're gonna give Orlando a miss. Plan is fly to Orlando and get a direct flight to Miami. Stay there for a few days and then hire a car to travel round. Any tips on where's nice to drive to?

Florida/Miami

The Keys seems to be the place to go, wiull be heading doen there myself with the missus in May, will look out for you!!!. There is a big outlet near Ft Lauderdale, can't think of hte name, but NY is supposed to be better for shopping.
Enjoy the trip

Back