Motor hit by french driver

085badger

hey people i was just wondering if ye could help with somethin i was in the fronth seat of my father in laws car yesterday morning when a french driver came around the bend on the wrong side of the road and crasher into us.the 2 cars were write offs and i have brused ribs and streched muscels in my back and neck,i was wondering does his french insuranch cover him for personal injury claims as i am claiming off him to pay the medical bills..please help.

Why are your father-in-law's insurers not following up and progressing claims against the French driver?

Did he satisfy Gardai as regards his insurance cover?

It's a bit early for FIL's insurers to have done much of anything!

It doesn't matter greatly what the other driver's insurance cover includes. If he caused injuries, he is liable. Whether the compensation comes out of his own pocket or that of his insurer is a concern for him, not for anybody making a claim against him.

It's pretty obvious that when the French fella crashed and hit the car the OPs was in, he hit his Punctuation causing severe weakness in creating a readable paragraph.

his insurance company is following it up but he was told that they are not covered for personal injury claims and all french insurers are the same

contact the MIBI. They will send you on a form to complete and will chase up french Insurer. An Irish insurer will then have to handle the case for you, to give smoother service, rather than you having to contact France you contact that insurer.

The French insurance must cover at a minimum, the minimum standard required by law in Ireland.

Or the French Embassy will advise you of the French Motor Insurance requirements

French Motor insurance requirements minimum standard is substantially lower than Irish level.

Under EU law, your motor policy MUST extend to cover the MINIMUM standard in any other EU state.

Irish minimum standards are very high in that they provide UNLIMITED amounts in respect or personal injury. Some EU states have capped amounts as the MINIMUM standard.

Back