Hire temporary person through Dublin agency

B.A.C.

I'm looking to have someone basically hold a sign on street to advertise a business for a couple of days a money in Dublin. The quickest and easiest way seems to be to go through a recruitment agency. I want the agency to be their employer and be responsible for their employees Revenue responsibilities and welfare should something happen like they fall down and hurt themselves. Effectively I just want to have to pay their invoice and have no other commitment.

Can you recommend an agency and for something like this how much would you think the agency would charge? Thanks.

Your looking for walking billboards.
Most employment agencies ask for your company or sole trader insurance to cover the workers. That way they keep the costs down and you are still responsible for their behaviour as they are working for you.
The agency will pay the tax prsi and paye / holiday bit and charge you a bill per hour/per day plus vat. Most agencies will ask for a minimim number of days the person has to work. Could not tell you the rates charged.

I did a small bit of work not too dissimilar to this in college through a promotions company. I was paid directly by the promotions company once a month and it worked well for all concerned. It may not be the most cost effective but may suit your needs.

Could you name the promotions company @Easel? Thanks.

@Sconeandjam I really want to just pay a fee and not have any responsibility for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked with verve in donnybrook and the lites group about 10 years ago. I'm sure a number of other smaller companies could provide the service too.

Back