Help with Mac (MIME type and music)

Alfie

Hi folks.

I recently (earlier this year) purchased an Apple Mac, having previously used only PCs. Great machine, very happy with it, but all my dreams of editing my home movies and stuff swiftly parked and computer now primarily used for work stuff unfortunately.
I do occasionally get to surf etc, but when I try to look at video files from say bbc football website, I am told I can't continue because I don't have the software for the MIME type required??? This also happens to content from rte website, so it looks like some fairly basic, yet essential software. Can anyone give me a hand on this?

Also, I am trying to move some of my music from the old PC to the Mac and am finding that it is no problem moving the music, it just won't open on the Mac - not at home right now to see what file type they save as, but I think it is wma. Anyway to save this down in mac compatible format - I burnt some songs onto a CD and imported them, but this would take forever and a lot of CDs - all songs are from previously purchased CDs that I either sold on later or gave away or just got scratched so that they can't be read anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Back