Help needed with planning requests/costs, do able

S

stolt

hi there, stumbled across this forum when looking at rules regarding planning permission on houses.

We havent bought this house yet, but its going through. Our idea was to build above the small ground floor study, this would extend the small fourth bedroom.

Also between the study and the garage is a smallalley which i want to build through into one garage and convert one garage into a room.

I've attached a further rough picture for your laughing pleasure.

[broken link removed]

I spoke to a planning officer today who informed me that the study is in fact an extension to the original house which the vendor never informed me about, he did mention that planning consent was given to go through to the garage and he has plans for that.

My original intention was to go right across the top of the garage but the officer said that he thought that with the 2nd storey extension at the back would be a huge brick wall and therefore would think it would be rejected by the neighbours behind the house.

He said it looked overdeveloped if i went right across and did the garage conversion. I did mention that other houses on the estate had done what I wanted to do which he said he was surprised by.

Here a pic of one that has been done above the garage, but no garage conversion or study on the ground floor.

[broken link removed]

Back