Help - Mortgage arrrears

Dont panic....you are not in serious mortgage arrears and no one is going to take you to court for this level. Just start chipping away at the arrears by paying say 100 euro extra each month the quicker you can repay them the better. You could also ask the CU to reduce their payment to enable you to get the mortgage arrears cleared. I'm sure the CU will be very accomodating dut you will need to ask to speak to their debt adviser to sort it out. Interest only mortgage break for 6 months is another option. Overall your problems can be easily resolved and dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

I think you're doing the right things. But the whole maintenance thing stinks to high heaven. You need to see a solicitor about that. There is no need for the children ever to know you had to go the legal route about getting maintenance, so it should have no effect on them, bar a better life for them.

Quick update. Credit Union will give me the money from my shares to pay off the arrears. Thanks a million to everyone for your advice as I wouldn't have even tried that unless I had posted on this board.

Back