Help: Holding deposit on home but sellers are delaying sale

H

home123

Hi everyone.

Just need some advice if you don't mind. We have put down our holding deposit on a new home in November '05, but since then nothing has happened, the seller of the property tells me they had a problem with some sort of map that they could not get sorted. Today when I rang him, he told me that all problems with whatever map it is is sorted and we will be signing the contract soon.

My problem is that since I have put down the deposit on this house, the houseprices have skyrocketed and I am now unable to afford any other house, and besides, I really, really, really want this one.

It has no kitchen and no floors/blinds, so I will be quite broke for the following 5 years, but I think it's worth it.

I am a newbie when it comes to buying and selling property, but now the bank (BOI) has given us a warning that time is running out and we will have to reapply for the mortgage.

Is there anything I can do to speed it up? I have already threatened to pull out of the deal, but it made no difference, and like I said, I can't really afford any other houses.

Any advice welcome!!!

Back