Help choosing Rabo managed funds please

colly

I've just set up a Rabo Direct account, and will soon be transferring about 5k in - with regular monthly additions.

I now need to work out which fund(s) to invest in. I am not risk averse and want to go for the biggest potential gains possible, I won't die in the unlikely event of loosing all my money. So, how does one choose which funds to go with?

The whole "Past Performance is not a reliable guide to future performance" bollocks really annoyes me. Otherwise you might as well guess! If you are looking at two funds, one has averages 3%-5% for last last 10 years, the other is slightly more volitire but has averages between 20%-30% gains per year. Which one are you going to put your money in? Maybe it's just me, but numbers don't lie...

Anyway, I've taken a look at many of them. Some such as bonds really go nowhere, the real growth is in Equities. Some of these look very interesting - shown with rough average growth

[broken link removed][broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

I think I've almost answered my own questions here, but I'd be intereested to hear your opinions.
Thanks

If I were you, I'd put 35% into emerginging market fund take your pick(or flick a coin between the two) - both look good. My reasoning is that they are both at good prices, taiwan is covered(which I have read is up and coming, and neglected by china), brazil is covered(doing well, and is to hold world cup) as are taiwan, poland and CHINA:confused: the other 15% I would stick into German fund(Centre of western europe industy).

Sorry, just realised my mistake.....€3,500 and €1,500 is what I meant to say !

Thanks guys that is very helpful.

I'm also going to think about the [broken link removed] - another huge mover and one of only two to get the Morningstar 5 Star Rating!

Any more advice greatly appreciated!

Back