Help a applicant source home scheme (ASH)

BONDGIRL

Hi all
My friend is approved for 4 bed home on Ash scheme. She is looking for home in lucan/Adamstown to stay near schools.
She is finding is so hard to get a landlord to take this scheme on
Lovely family. Her husband is finally back working after being unemployed for years but as it stands they are down 200 euro a week because their rent allowance has stopped. He desperately wants to stay in work he has permanent employment. They cannot keep up the rent now and my question is is there any where they can look or advertise to try get a home ?
Appreciate any help. Thank you

Have they asked their current landlord if he/she wants to avail of the Applicant Sourced Housing Scheme?

Hi

Yes her current landlord up for this.
But they need 4bed. This is a 3. Even though she wants to have this they said its over crowded.

But they need 4bed. This is a 3. Even though she wants to have this they said its over crowded.
I come from a family of nine children as have most of my friends of similar age. We grew up in a 4 bed house with one bedroom for my granny. Why in God's name does she insist on 4 bed ? Tell them to cop on and stay put and thank their blessings.

Think u misunderstood me. The council will not approve anything less than a 4 bed house. She would live in. A two if she could !!!
So she's in lovely house 3 bed but because she has 5 kids 2 adults the scheme will not APPROVE IT. she either finds 4 bed who will take her on or she's home less. Or her husband leaves his job and they go back on rent allowance.

Yet again poverty trap

Back