heavyduty wall plugs plasterboard

socky1

Wondering if someone could advise. Looking to wall mount lcd tv 5KG on plasterboard not on studs. Would heavy duty wall plugs be able to carry load of 5KG on plasterboard. Wall mount is quite small but has 4 holes for load. Have had a quick look at wall plugs like plasplugs however they don't give max weight. Don't want to do any unnecessary damage to plasterboard. Thanks

Hi Socky1,

Welcome to AAM.

I'm not too knowledgeable about wall plugs (leave all that intelligent sort of stuff to him indoors) but just wonder if this previous thread might be of any help Wall plugs

A weight of about 5kg would probably be ok with the screw in plugs, Tommy Walsh is associated with them, they would screw into just the plasterboard, however I think its dependent on the strength of the rather than the plug. For an LCD I, personally, would not trust the plasterboard, I would try and drill into the wall itself, behind the plasterboard, pop a wall plug into this hole and screw it down. You'd need to be careful not to screw in too far as you would dent the plasterboard. Your ideal fix is to locate studs, but as you have highlighted this is not possible

There are plenty of suitable fixings available from most decent hardware or DIY merchants, take a look at these spring toggles, should be more than adequate for your purposes. [broken link removed]

Leo

Back