Heating and Electrics

Rico

Having problems with electrics and heating system, (includes gas fired underfloor and radiators, solar panels) in one year old house. Builder has been trying to fob off and advises everything is fine and has been checked and wants balance of money paid. We kept a retention amount. Builder has been slow to finish snags.

We are thinking to get someone independent to look specifically at Elecs and plumbing heating. Appreciate any advise should we get engineer or standard electrician and plumber. Thanks.

What type of problems are you having with the electrics? did you receive an electrical certificate for the installation?
Liamb

Go for an experianced electrician and plumber. I find that most engineers do not have the tech experiance/ fault finding ability of tradespeople.

No major problems with electrics. Main difficulties with heating system. Will get in separate trades. Thanks.

Thanks Paddyboy. Just a bit concerned with contract where I think i was supposed to pay final instalment on completion ie prior to snags. Suppose builder shouldnt have handed over keys until paid. Glad though if they are this slow with money owed if I had paid in full I never would have seen them again.

Back