Hearing Aids.

Branz

Just got a hearing test done and am profoundly deaf at the higher end: she shoved 105 dB at 8k Hz and I heard zip: that about right for the OH in full flow

Anyone any experience on products and service from folk like SS and HH or others

Mods If this sort of discussion is verboten in public then delete it please
Thanks

I had a good experience from Specsavers. But first I had to go route of being checked out by ENT consultant and had two grommuts inserted over a seven years or so. Same problem returned so this time I opted for a hearing aid. I only need one so got a discount for not taking the second one. There was a 30 day trial period and three visits of gradually tuning up sound of the device to 'prescription level'. I have free batteries for years (4 or 8?) and can return whenever I want to have a new filter put in. She suggested every few months and annually there is another visit to check hearing and hearing aid. I will include cost of it as a medical expense against tax. I do appreciate how much better I hear especially in crowded situations with lot of background noise. I don't need to turn up radio or telly so loud either. I have one that is 'behind the ear' and no one notices I am wearing it. Depending on your problem it may be suitable for you otherwise there is one that goes into the ear.