Hearing Aid cover - Hibernian no longer cover

sun_sparks

Some of you have seen my other post regarding the automatic renewal of my home insurance policy.

Well, I got an apologetic phont call last week from the broker, almost glossing over it, stating that they had overlooked the renewal, but that I was covered at the moment with Hibernian but could still get other quotes if I wanted.

Then, she dropped on me that Hibernian have now REFUSED to renew the cover of my hearing aids (approx value €5,500) as they no longer cover medical devices. Hibernian have now confirmed this.

Don't get me started on a rant here - I had both house and car insurance with Hibernian and am now going to move these. Am looking for other options - anyone with similar requirements?

Last edited:
Sorry ClubMan - you are, of course, right. I meant to say House and Car. Never type when annoyed! :)

Hearing devices were off Hibernians home policy since 2004 or 2005, its not a new thing, maybe its your broker you should be changing as its up to them to look after your renewal & advice you of any changes in your policy. Go on a few websites & compare differant cover but make sure you keep print outs of quotes & quote reference numbers.

It seems to be a growing trend, my father had a similar issue and moved from the Royal & Sun Alliance to Allianz about 2 years ago. Must go check his policy for him now to see if it's covered.

Some more to consider - The following companies will cover hearing aids as specified items.

AXA, Benchmark (AIG), Allianz and Royal and Sun Alliance. all available online with insure.ie (I work there) quoteme.ie, bestquote.ie and most other brokers.

Back