Health problems after crash and insurance

T

tingri

Hi,

I was involved in an accident at the weekend where a car crashed into the back of me at a fairly high speed. I suffered from a sore neck over the weekend and had headaches on and off, on monday though my headache had got worse and was feeling nauseous all the time, went to the doctor and he said I had minor case of whiplash but he wasnt too concerned about the headache and said it should go away in a few days and told me to take a few days from work. Today it was constant for the whole day and seems to be getting worse, however my neck seems to be fine again. The insurance company of the other person is paying for the damage of the car and said to keep any receipts for doctor visits as they will pay.

This is the first time I have been in an accident and have had to deal with this kind of stuff, so I have a couple of questions so hopefully someone can offer advice.
1) As part of my contract at work, I do not get paid for sick days. Should the insurance company pay for loss of earnings, I do have a note from the doctor to take the days off?
2) I am hoping/assuming that the headaches will get better over the next couple of days and everything will be back to normal again, but if this is going to get worse, is there anything additional I should be doing now apart from keeping doctors receipts? I guess I am thinking of the worst case scenario where I might need a scan or further diagnosis down the line and I just want to make sure I am covered from an insurance point of view if it comes to that.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Of cource the Insurance Company should compsate you for any loss of earnings and any other expenses you incur because of this accident. Thats what we pay insurance for. If your health problems gets any worse it might be wise to contact a solictor for advise and naturally go back to your doctor.

not necessary to go to soliciotr. from what you say, it is an assessment, in that you were rearended. therefore PIAB comes into play. if you go to solicitor you must pay his/her costs, not the insurance company.

have you tried the insurance company direct?

PM me for more info if you want.

Ravima said:
PM me for more info if you want.

We prefer to see matters discussed in the forum (so that others may benefit) unless the subject matter is of a sensitive nature.

RS2K said:
Sounds like a bad shunt. Consult a Solicitor immediately.
I did say if the health problems gets worse to consult both a doctor and a solicitor. have you tried to get any info from a Insurance Company - they just wont tell you anything. I had a car stolen so I do know what I am talking about.

If your car was hit at fairly high speed, it would be in bad shape,so on that basis your whiplash could be serious. Also ,you don't know how this might affect you in later life. From my experience with insurance companies,I have found that they dont want to pay anything and don't care how or how much you are injured. Their main concern is to pay as little as they can get away with. Yes, you are entitled to loss of earnings together with any cost including solicitors cost. Don't deal directly with the insurance company. Go to a solicitor . You only need to deal directly with insurance co. when the only damage is to the car

Back