Laya Health Insurance renewal

Mona G

Hello All,

My private health insurance renewal is due 1st August. I am on the Laya Flex 500 Explore, which I switched to last year thanks to the most helpful advice from Snowyb.

I am 43, fit and healthy, non-smoking and have no dependants. I don’t need maternity cover.

Are there similar/ better plans out there I could switch to for a similar price?

Many thanks.

I have just received a renewal notice from Laya - price has gone up by €10 per month!

Its also worth noting they have dropped cover for Blackrock and the Mater Private from this plan if that is important to you.

I did not realize that! Thank you so much gnf_ireland for pointing it out.

Would anyone know if there is any other plan that offers a similar cover to the Laya Flex 500 Explore, as it was before they excluded the two hospitals, for a similar price?

This time every year I feel confused, discouraged and frustrated. I just cannot figure out my way around all these various plans even with all the notes and research I’m doing. I just wish there was a simple tool where I can select criteria important to me and then see the plans for these only, with their range of prices, to choose from. This is my moan for today…

Mona G,

The nearest alternative cheapest plan to the pre-changed version of Flex 500 Explore is Laya Control 600 Connect, price 852pa.

This plan covers all public, private(including extra cover for a private room), and 3 hi-tech hospitals as before. There is a hospital inpatient
excess of 600 per private or hi-tech admission for a stay/surgery. Day case excess 175 per visit. There is no excess to pay in any public
hospital.
Note; Cardiac surgery and orthopaedic joint replacement surgery is fully covered, no shortfall or no excess to pay on these surgeries on this plan
in all private or hi-tech hospitals.

[broken link removed]

A cheaper plan would have no cover for Mater Private or Blackrock Clinic and includes a shortfall payment for orthopaedic joint replacement
surgery in private hospitals which could cost 4,000 or 5,000 per procedure. VHI One Plan 500 price 769pa.

There may be further price adjustments for 1 August 2017 which will be posted if applicable on the HIA website in the next 2 weeks.

Regards, Snowyb

Snowyb,

Thank you so much for your advice and all your help.

I will follow it up and make sure that I check the adjusted prices in a couple of weeks.

Have a good weekend All!

Regards,
Mona

HI Snowby, considering switching from LayaFlex 175 explore to Laya Control 600 Connect i am right that the only change is the €600 excess for private or hi-tech admission i find the health insurance market totally confusing

SINED,

Yes, the private excess is 600 instead of 175 per admission. Re hi-tech cover both cardiac and joint replacement orthopaedic surgery is fully
covered no excess. Also, other surgerys have a 150 excess per claim and a 200 per night shortfall.
Day case excess for private and hi-tech hospitals is 175 per visit, it is 75 on Flex 175 Explore.

There is extra cover for a private room in a private hospital on Control 600 Connect.

[broken link removed]

Snowyb

Back